The Art of Classical Piano Policy
- At The Art of Classical Piano I offer one-on-one piano lessons to music lovers who are seriously interested in learning piano. I welcome students 4.5 to 5 years of age and up.
- Lessons take place weekly or biweekly (recommended) at my place at Cy-Fair area or online at a time that is agreed upon by both teacher and student.
- You will need to have your own piano at home. Acoustic piano highly recommended. Electronic keyboards are okay, but only if they have 88 full-sized hammer weighted keys.
- At the beginning of each school year, I will discuss the lessons plan and create a calendar for the entire school year.
Attendance and Make Up Lesson
- A lesson will be excused for emergencies only.
- School and sport activities are not considered as an emergency.
- With sufficient notice (at least 24 hours in advance) a canceled lesson may be rescheduled for a later time online or in person, and only at my convenience.
- If a student is sick, it is advised NOT to attend in person lessons. However, if the student desires a lesson nevertheless, we can conduct the online lesson instead. Please, notify me ASAP if this course of action is required.
- A cancellation of a “make up lesson” cannot be rescheduled again.
- If you accumulate more than one make up pending lesson, I can give you only one, due to the limited time available.
- If you decide to stop taking classes please give me 30 days notice in advance.
* If you have any questions or would like to discuss anything with me, you are very welcome, but it must be done during your or your child’s lesson time only (not before and not after)
** Proper hand hygiene is expected. Fingernails are strongly recommended to be cut short.
Class recitals, festivals, contests, State Tests
- Class recitals, festivals, contests, State Music Theory and World of Music Tests are all essential to music instruction.
- Students who take in person lessons can participate at Christmas (December) and Spring (May) class recitals.
- Students who portray accomplished piano achievements and who can demonstrate a dissent level of piano skills and music artistry are offered the opportunity to play at piano festivals and contests before a judge.
- Students who are taking online lessons can be considered for class recitals only after three in person lessons before the actual recital.
- If your family is not going on vacation during the school breaks that is a great time to make progress in music.
- The full months of tuition have to be paid at the first week of every month whether or not you or your child is in attendance;
- Last minute cancelations, and “no shows” will necessitate charging the full lesson fee for the unused time reserved for the student.
- No refunds will be provided for cancellation of the lesson by the student for any reason.
- Refunds may be provided if a lesson is canceled due to my absence ONLY, and if I am unable to schedule a make-up lesson, I will grant a refund.
- Additional funds may be required for organization of recitals, public performances, tests, and music materials.
Weekly Lessons Fee:
45 min lesson -------$50
60 min lesson -------$65
1h 15 min lesson ---$80
Biweekly Lessons Fee:
30 min lessons ----- $30
45 min lesson -------$40
60 min lesson -------$55
1h 15 min lesson ---$70